Monday, February 14, 2011

I'm Special


I’m quite gifted and my parents knew all about that well before I was even born
I have special needs which I am permitted to express with a loud and grating clarity
I require unique treatment simply since my obvious potential is so very great
I’m exceptional as you should quickly note, so I will need extraordinary latitude

I just won’t apply myself if I am not motivated but I could be a great success
I have skills and talents that their boring normal tests simply cannot measure
I need not exert myself or finish any task just to demonstrate to you my wondrous gifts
I call on others to politely recognize what my parents have always seen in me

I don’t have to prove myself because my great potential has already set me apart
I’m quite special you see and my mommy and my daddy have always told me so
I demand what I think is the best and cannot be concerned with any mess that I might make
I quickly and scornfully ignore those fools who do not honor my wondrous gifts

I swill down expensive meals and walk off without a care for their cost or their cleanup
I abandon my dirty clothes where I drop them and my bed as I leave it, late in the afternoon
I need not concern myself with housework, homework, jobs or money
I’m so very special that their lame rules and regulations simply do not apply to me

I’m a video game wizard who keeps on skillfully playing for hours and hours upon end
But I’ve got a touch of ADD when it comes to stupid wasted shit such as school work
I find it suits me well to play loud music until 3 AM and then to sleep at least til noon
Mom says I have this fine aesthetic sense and such great potential as an artist

I trash the expensive clothes I didn’t have to pay for and wear them beyond filthy
I know adults can’t understand me because I’m very special and so unlike them
I broke my arm in some forgotten extreme sport where I might have been a pro
I smashed my car and lost their credit card but they know I had a lot on my gifted mind

I don’t know what’s up with their computer all I did was click on a link or two
I’m a texting wizard and I loaded my 3 guitar chords up onto the Web
I can’t take the time to think about the future cause I’m busy creating it today
Spent hundreds on tattoos and piercings and I have really set myself apart

I eat when I’m hungry and then, without the slightest thought, I simply walk away
I kiss my mom when she cries about me on my way out the door, late at night
Pizza delivery was beneath me and the construction guys just laughed
Went to college a couple semesters, partied hard and just skipped those boring classes

I usually take my meds after I stay up all night and wake up all like really groggy
I always seem to leave food bags laying on the floor with a little stale shit left inside
My bright hair dyes and clippings remain in the bathroom but they don’t bother me
I’m special and all I really need to do is to enjoy the good life until the world takes notice

No comments:

Post a Comment