Thursday, February 10, 2011

Reusing, Refurbishing, Repurposing, Recycling


Not to be confused with Demean, Diminish, Disgrace, Dishonor
 Reusing grandfathers thrifty habits to set us back on their sane track again
Refurbishing our tarnished moral values to put them in play once more
Repurposing the wasted energy they used in their vanity thought control campaigns
Recycling their greedy, vain and shortsighted philosophies into the infinite void

If I don’t need it anymore I guess I won’t just toss it out
Maybe somebody else can use it
Perhaps a little tune-up means,
It will serve well for a few more years to come
I’m not using this stuff anymore
Wow, that would work just fine for this
At last a worn out piece of consumer history
Experiences rebirth once again

I got this extra part now since she gave me a new one
Do you need this other one, like I did before?
This part has broken several times
Can we maybe fix it better than it was ever made?
I’ll save these nuts and bolts from the old one,
For some other unknown project
Looks like this stuff is going back once again
To the big recycling factory in the sky

I’ll go and see if I can find one
Down to the bright and clean thrift emporium
All this old one really needs
Is a little tender loving care
I’m making a thoughtful war memorial
Out of this old high volume toilet
At last it’s time to recycle at least a bit of the wasted energy,
That was locked inside their failed neocon agenda

I’ll put a different attachment on the old one
And then we can use it on the road
All’s I did was put on a new cover, spray a little paint
And it looks as good as new
These worn out tee shirts will work real well
For messy projects out in the old garage
I’ll just rinse out this glass and metal for the green box,
Instead of tossing them in the trash without a thought

No comments:

Post a Comment